Name: Francesco Drusian
Winery: Drusian Francesco Az.Agr.
Town/Country: Valdobbiadene-Treviso- Italy
- Which spot in your vineyard is the most special and why? The most
Special place for me is the Cartizze. It is unique in the whole world and it gives the upmost expression of Valdobbiadene DOCG, called Cartizze. You have to see and taste it to believe it.
- If you link the dots in your life, which experience was the most crucial relating to how you make your wine today?
To be born here gives me the possibility to know the territory and how to take advantages of it. My purpose is to continue the research and improve the quality of the wine. Never ever forgetting the total respect of the environment.
- What kind of music do you enjoy listening to when making wine in your cellar?
I like listening rock and pop music.
- Name a regional dish from your area, which matches best with one of your wines.
I think that Sopressa (a typical salami) is well matched with our “Colfondo” (sur lie).
- Name a restaurant from your recent travels around the world, which changed the way you thought about food and why?
I was surprised when I ate a fish dish with Prosecco DOCG in Vino di Vino in Prague. It combined very well. They were interesting and very appreciated together.
- If your wine would die, who or what would it come back as (person/animal)?
Playful like be a dolphin.