Name: Mike Wing
Winery: Two Paddocks
Town/Country: Central Otago, New Zealand
- Which spot in your vineyard is the most special and why?
The rocky outcrop at our Last Chance Vineyard. Here there is a 360 degree view of Central Otago and it is always drenched in sun.
2. If you link the dots in your life, which experience was the most crucial relating to how you make your wine today?
Growing up on a farm and learning the benefits of a diverse production system where health and quality come from the ground up.
3. What kind of music do you enjoy listening to when making wine in your cellar?
Anything as long as it is loud!!
4. Name a regional dish from your area, which matches best with one of your wines.
Fresh Bluff Oysters are a seasonal treat we enjoy here in the south of New Zealand and they are great with our Two Paddocks Riesling.
5. Name a restaurant from your recent travels around the world, which changed the way you thought about food and why?
Fresh is best for me so the best experience I have had is buying prawns straight from the boat in Mozambique.
6. If your wine would die, who or what would it come back as (person/animal)?
Definitely a house cow, the gentle provider that is in her own right powerful and wise.